September 22, 2010

A Tour of MICA

Welcome! Follow me around for a quick tour of my new home.



Here's my bedroom..


And this is part of our living space. We all share this space to work on homework, eat, and hang out.


This is my favorite bench with some of the first fall leaves.


View of the Commons courtyard from my room


Here is the elementary school that is right across the street. I love playgrounds.


This is on my way to class, walking down Mount Royal Ave. I love how the light comes through the trees.


Awesome bike. Win.


The beautiful stairs and sculptures of the MICA Main Building


A student drawing a sculpture in the Main Building.


Still life from drawing class with Paul Jeanes.


Art school rocks.


7 comments:

  1. mads!! LOVE THE BLOG. cannot wait to follow along. miss u!
    - julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to MICA and good luck on your freshman year!
    I just graduated, but I can tell you, it's a wonderful school, and your time there will fly by so fast, no matter how slow foundation year seems. Do you live in 1-103? The picture looks like it, I lived there too when I was a freshman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is my room! I just got so excited, i had to go and tell my roommates that i discovered an old 103 tenant! I love MICA so far. What was you major and what are you up to now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh maddie this is wonderful! I love your campus. so beautiful. and that bike?! insane. how does anyone even ride that thing? v. excited now that I can follow you through your blog now :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Maddie-
    I considered fibers and printmaking both as majors, but ultimately fell into print more... so thats where I stayed.
    I think having a print concentration meshes really well with a fiber major. You get a more in depth explanation of printmaking techniques with a concentration than you would just taking a pattern/print class in fibers, and then later you can do with that what you will and use those skills however they work best in fiber work. One great example of this is Chris Wills. He was a fiber major that graduated in my class last may, but made A LOT of artists books and screen printed pattern repeats. You can look at his work here: http://christopherwillsart.com
    I'm so glad I came across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your favorite bench, especially with the first sprinkling of fall leaves. This was fun to see; I had no idea that your campus was so grand. And that walk down Mount Royal Ave? Wow. I can't wait to see your next post. Hurry up...OK?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fallon-Believe it or not, i have seen someone ride that bike! :)

    Katie-I LOVE Chris Wills' patterns. It's really cool to see what some MICA grads are up to. Thanks for the link and i'll be sure to keep an eye on your blog.

    Laurie-Hi! hehe. i plan on posting on wednesdays--because that's my day off.

    ReplyDelete